- "Following Your Ancestors in Time and Place," Genealogical Research Institute of Pittsburgh (GRIP), Virtual, July 2020.
- "Early US Church Records," Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy (SLIG), Salt Lake City, Utah, January 2020.
- "The Family History Law Library," (SLIG), Salt Lake City, Utah, January 2019.
- "The Pennsylvania German and Research in the Keystone State," (SLIG), January 2018.
- "DNA Boot Camp: Practical Application," Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy (SLIG), January 2017.
- Ancestral Connections Irish Genealogy Summer School, University College Cork, Ireland, June 2016.
- "Advanced DNA Analysis Techniques for Genealogical Research," SLIG, January 2016.
- "Practical Genetic Genealogy," (GRIP), Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, June 2015.
- "Advanced Genealogical Methods," SLIG, January 2015.
- ProGen Study Group, (ProGen19), July 2014.
- "Writing & Publishing for Genealogists," Institute of Genealogical & Historical Research (IGHR), Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama, June 2014.
- "Utilizing Social History," SLIG, January 2014.
- "Genealogy as a Profession," IGHR, June 2013.
- Boston University Genealogical Research Certificate, December 2012.
- Second Place, Ohio Genealogical Society Writing Contest, 2014; for article "A Broken Man: The Life of Birney Jay Pratt of Huron, Ohio," published in Ohio Genealogical Society Quarterly 55, no. 1 (Spring 2015): 40-43.
- First Place, Massachusetts Society of Genealogists Writing Contest, 2012; for article “It Started with a Cough: A Month of Mourning for the Ritter and Blackett Families Living in Boston Highlands, Massachusetts,” published in MASSOG 36 (Fall 2012): 83-92.
- Association of Professional Genealogists (APG)
- New England Chapter of the Association of Professional Genealogists (NEAPG)
- The Irish Ancestral Research Association (TIARA)
- Massachusetts Society of Genealogists (MSOG)
- Massachusetts Genealogical Council (MGC)
- National Genealogical Society (NGS)
- New England Historic Genealogical Society (NEHGS)
- New York Genealogical & Biographical Society (NYG&B)